Monday, May 24, 2010

Birthday by the Threes

Happy Birthday to me, Ivy,and Bella! I can't belive it ! Ivy and Bella turned five and I turned nine! To celebrate,we had a Disney Land themed party. We've had birthday parties together the last couple of years. It's more fun to share your birthday with others. Of course, to make this year's party seem like Disneyland, there was popcorn , cotton candy, baloons, and snow cones . We told every body to come as a Disney character, if they wanted. We wound up with four Minnie Mouses! Here's a picture of two Minnie Mouse birthday girls, waiting for the guests to arrive.My cousin Annabelle came to the party dressed as an adorable Minnie Mouse...but then decided to put on a teeny, tiny 101 Dalmation costume-my Halloween costume from when I was six months old! For games, there were Pin the Bow on Minnie Mouse, Musical chairs Disney guess who
Wishing well( drop the pennies in a jar)

and if you count pinatas( which I do) there was a pinata game. With pinatas, you' ve got the three W's. 1. whacking
2. waiting
I know it's funny but number 3 is wearing the pinata.
My little brother almost fell down laughing when he saw this picture of himself. You've got to admit that it's pretty funny. We had some delicious refreshments, plus Minnie Mouse birthday cakes for the birthday girls, and little cupcakes and a castle cake for our guests. (I didn't get a picture of the castle cake.) Time to blow out the candles!

Actually, I blew out the candles three times this year. Once at the group birthday party. Once on my actual birthday. And one more time at home with Grandma and Grandpa and my Tuinei cousins.
I made my own birthday cake at home. (My very favorite cake is Texas Sheet Cake. I mean, really, who can resist it? My Grandma R wants to rename it Illinois Big Cake, but if I called it that, you probably wouldn't know what I was talking about, now would you?)

I got so many wonderful presents! I got some birthday money from Oma and Opa and Grandma and Grandpa R, plus a Castle needlepoint set from Aunt Catte and Uncle Paul, a beauty set from Aunt Heidi and Uncle Mikey, an Ivy and Bean and a necklace charm set from Aunt Mary Kate and Uncle Adam, and my dad sent me a teddy bear and balloons on my actual birthday, and then later I opened a new dress with matching headband and bracelet, plus a Minnie Mouse doll and a new bike! What a happy day!As long as you can spend time with people that you love, you will always have a happy birthday and happy days all the year through.

Hugs and kisses to everyone who makes me smile everyday of my life!

2 comments:

Fantastic Mr. R said...

Oh Sailor that was such a fun post!! The pictures made me smile.
I loved spending your birthday with you and I hope we can for the rest of your life. (Can you imagine your old Auntie Heidi coming to your college dorm for your birthday party?)
This post was so cute and it looks like you had the best birthday party ever (all three of your parties!).
You look adorable in your pics and thanks for sharing your birthday with all of us. We just love you to pieces.
Love, the Briskys ps...when are you coming to visit again? :)

Prudy said...

I wish you would come to my collage dorm for my birthday!:)