Thursday, February 11, 2010

Are You a Brace Face Too?

Groovy and GorgeousHi there strangers! It's been quite a while since I wrote a post. Every day I wake up and think that I will write a post, and then poof! It's time for bed. They say that time flies when you get older, but I'm only eight and it already flies! What will it do when I'm twenty? Rocket off into space? I won't even try to catch up, except to say that I am happy and having a good time with my homeschooling, dance, voice, acting, violin, and repeated visits from cousins.
And one more thing....
Guess what? I got BRACES ! I got them almost three weeks ago and I'm finally getting used to them. At least, I'm getting used to the feel of them. It was hard the first few days because I couldn't eat any thing except soft, mushy denture-wearer food, like peanut butter, milkshakes and Jell-o. I still haven't gotten used to the look of them. Whenever I look in the mirror, I want to wipe them off. I feel like groovy Marcia Brady, who goes to bed without supper because she feels too "ugly, ugly, ugly!" I will have my braces on for about six months, and then I'll wear a retainer....and a couple of years later I'll get braces again. Oh, Joy! Just what I wanted. Thank goodness time flies, because before you know it, I'll have straight, white chompers. It does help to know that I'm not the first, last, or only one to have train tracks all over her pearly whites. Did you have braces? A retainer? Or were you blessed with perfect teeth? Leave a comment!
Here are some pictures that you can laugh at. It won't hurt my feelings, since I'm laughing too!

PS OH MY GOODNESSSSS! I just googled "Marcia Brady braces" and a picture of me from my Mom's blog showed up. How embarassing! My face is red just thinking about it!

11 comments:

Prudy said...

Dear Sailor, I think you are pretty, pretty, pretty. And pretty, funny too. I liked your post, you silly little Brace Face.

Fantastic Mr. R said...

Hey so what. I love your braces. Sailor, I wish I had braces. I can't wait until I get mine. I know they hurt Sailor.
ps...Hahah hee hee
Did you see the face on Ivy? In N Out was good. I'm glad we didnt' go to Red Robins, and PetCo was very very fun. Did you see that snakeskin shedding?
Jumping Jax was totally cool, too. Remember me going backwards on the slide.
ps. It's me Reeve. I'll try to get my blog ready soon. I need my mom's help. I'll try to do it on Saturday. Bye!

Fantastic Mr. R said...

I think they look cute Sailor. I love them so much. I love YOU so much.
I had a cute face at In N' Out. Most of all I loved Jumping Jax. That is all I wanted to say.
Let's start planning our party, Sailor.
When we grow up we'll both get braces.
The End.
Love, Ivy

Fantastic Mr. R said...

Say Say
I like braces. They're cute.
I like your house. I like to play with Say Say.
Love Lav

Fantastic Mr. R said...

West,
Hey West, what's up?
Please don't got into that miniature little house on Batman Lego. And if you finish the level, please please please tell me.
I gotta go.
Bye
Reeve
ps. I loved your birhtday especially that jumping thing and the tug o war thing.
Bye!

Katie and Mark said...

Sailor, I must say I LOVE your braces. You look beautiful. They make your already gorgeous smile really sparkle!

I never had braces, and I was not lucky enough to be blessed with naturally straight teeth! :-/

Catherine said...

I used to be a brace face, but I wasn't very good about wearing my retainer so now I want to be a brace face again. You look great Sailor!

Nicole said...

i like your braces i want them but only if i can get colered ones

stellabystarlite said...

Hi Sailor, i like your blog very much and i even got some ideas from it, like the clock and ipod. Can you tell me how do you are able to write and center your writing under your pictures? when i do it it stays to the right. Thanks Stella

Prudy said...

Stella by Starlite:
I'll let my mom answer.
Hi Stella, I center the pictures before Sailor adds the writing. When you download pictures to blogger, you have the choice of center, right, or left. If you choose center, the pic should come right up in the middle. Let us know how it works out.

stellabystarlite said...

Thanks so much Prudy and Sailor!