Monday, October 26, 2009

Holiday Helper for Halloween



















Hello! I'm doing a holiday helper for Halloween. For those of you who don't know what "holiday helper "is, I post about little crafts or recipes you can do to help you celebrate.This time I will teach you a craft my mother (visit her blog here http://prudencepennywise.blogspot.com/ ) in the past when she was a school teacher,used to do with her pupils.You will need :paper,glue, scissors,and a picture from a favorite Halloween book.



Choose a full sheet of background color, then trace your design onto scraps of colored paper. You can use wax paper to copy a design that is hard to trace. Lay it over the page in the book and trace the design. Then you can staple your waxed paper to colored paper and cut our just the right piece. Try to find the simple shapes in your chosen picture. Cut out the shapes on colored paper and glue them on a background. I chose to copy Tillly Witch. West chose the back cover from Shake dem Halloween Bones. Glue the pices together and Voila! A Halloween literary masterpiece!

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Looks like lots of fun , Sailor! We can't wait to see you this week!

Fantastic Mr. R said...

i love it....i want one.

gigi said...

Cute, cute, Sailor girl! I love crafting. This looks easy and fun.

Catherine said...

Sailor,
we've been having so much fun with you! You and Westy are such fun playmates for my kids and me too! Thanks for playing!
Aunt Catherine