Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies

Whenever we visit the library, I always bring my coin purse in case they have an interesting old book for sale. This time when I went to the library, I found an old cookie cook book. It was only 10 cents and it has 34 cookie recipes, plus the name of the author was PRUDENCE YOUNGER. I guess my mom is PRUDENCE OLDER. Ha ha. I had to make my first batch as soon as I came home. I made it all by myself, right before I left for dance class. I had a couple of mishaps, like I accidentally dumped out the brown sugar and spilled the vanilla, but it turned out OK because these big cookies were delicious.
Giant Chocolate Chippers
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 and 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (I left these out)
1/2 cup coconut (I left this out too)
1/2 cup chocolate chips.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour, soda and salt. Add chips, coconut and nuts if you want. Divide into 12 balls and place on two cookie sheets. Bake each cookie sheet for about ten minutes.
Don't you just love my brother's face?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sailor
I love you and I appreciate you. And I want to come to your house and I want to play with you. I want to come to your house but my Mom says I have to stay home for a long long time. My Mom says I have to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house to visit them. So I appreciate them. I will come to visit and I will come to your house. Thankyou for playing with me. And thankyou for coming to my house. That's all.
Annabelle

Sailor,
your cookies look delicious and I'm so impressed that you made them all by yourself. We can't wait to try some, too!

Katie and Mark said...

Good job Sailor! Those look so yummy and delicious. Maybe next time we come to visit you can teach me how to make them! : )

Fantastic Mr. R said...

Yummy! I hope you make me a big batch next time we come to visit! They look really good. Aunt Leslie used to bake giant chocolate chip cookies and sale them. She might have some tips and mishap stories to share with you. Keep up the good work Prudence Younger!!!

gigi said...

Wow! What a great book! And Prudence Younger? How appropriate for the daughter of Prudy. I still have mishaps every time I try to make things. That's the sigh of a good cook. You are areal natural beauty and you have such a cute little brother. I bet he'll always be your best taste tester. I have a baby brother too.

The Blonde Duck said...

You've inheirated your mom's love of cooking!! Too cool!

MK and Co. said...

Dear Sailor,
Your cookies look delicious and just the right size. Next time we come to visit will you make me a batch?