Wednesday, August 13, 2008

How to Host a Last Minute Tea Party

Hi everyone! When my cousins were visiting this summer, I got the idea of hosting an afternoon tea party. I made some handwritten invitations and passed them out to Eloise, Antoinette, Claire and my little brother, West. I asked everyone to wear a pretty dress (except my little brother, of course). I set the table with a dainty tablecloth and nice China dishes with tea cups and saucers. Then I get busy in the kitchen making some miniature cookies. My cousin Eloise loves bite sized cookies. I laid out fingerfoods like goldfish crackers. chips and dip, M &Ms, candies, popcorn, and cupcakes. We didn't drink real tea, but Koolaid made a good subsitute. After our little feast, we dressed up in Disneyland costumes and did a parade around the house with music from all the Disney movies. We also did a gruesome Haunted Mansion parade, dressed in black, but my mom says the pictures are a little too eerie to post here. Let's just say that we got a little carried away with the pretend swords and light sabers. Hey, we can't be perfect little princess tea party girls all the time!Host your own tea party before the summer is over. Better do it fast.
Coming Soon:
Ballet Positions

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sailor,
Happy Party! I love your costumes that you wore. I like your disney costumes and your tea party. I love you. I want to come to your house. I love my blog. Did you see it? I hope you have a lovely day.
Annabelle

gigi said...

This looks like such a fun day! I think you had a great idea! You are such a good help in the kitchen and you are learning from the best! Wish we lived a little closer we could have koolaid parties together. That was very nice of you to let little brother come too.

Fantastic Mr. R said...

Next time I will have to get you to try Peppermint tea--no caffeine of course. Ivy loves it and so do I. It looks like a fun fun party. I wish I was your age with you. Love, H

La Bella Cooks said...

Dear Sailor,
What a wonderful idea to host your own tea party! My daughter Claire (she's 6) was inspired by this great idea and is planning to have her friends over as well. You truly did a beautiful job as hostess!

p.s Please thank your mommy for letting us know about your very fun blog. It has been fun to visit!