Saturday, December 11, 2010

Nutcracker and Christmas!!!

Guess what? I am going to be in the Nutcracker again!!!!! I am so excited! I was cast as an angel and a caroler. The performances begin in less than a week and I have to be in EVERY show! We have had tons of practices, but I've enjoyed every minute of it. Meanwhile, we have been getting ready for Christmas:practicing for holiday performances, shopping, wrapping, decorating- you get the point. In our town, we have a festival called "The Dickens Festival". It has a Victorian style Santa Claus and every one is dressed up like Dicken's characters. There are lots of shopping booths with interesting items, a food court and lots of entertainment. Every year we go and we play our violins. It was my fifth year to play. I can't believe that! I remember the first time I performed there I could only play Jingle Bells on my violin!

This year we entered the Dickens Festival Coloring Contest, and the prize is $50.00 to spend at the festival. Now WHO won?????? ( drum roll please) West Did!!!!!

He looks very satisfied with himself, doesn't he ?He bought a bow and arrow and a slingshot for himself, and he got a ballet bag and a necklace for me( Thank you ,West!). This year for Christmas, I want roller skates. What do YOU want? Leave a comment and tell me!!

6 comments:

Katie and Mark said...

Good luck on your performances! Way to go West! Please tell him we said Congratulations!

Kaden wants some Harry Potter stuff-including a Harry Potter wand.

Ryder wants a Laker jersey.

Brooklynne wants a Teacup Piggiez

Grayson wants a tricycle!

:) Merry Christmas!

Prudy said...

I would like a trip, specifically somewhere I have never been. Love, Mom

Kaylee said...

Hey there Sailer! I'm kaylee, I follow you and your mom, Your mom makes delicious recipes and makes me crave them to much!, I have a blog, http://theworldofkayleeandreggie.blogspot.com I am 12 years old, and I would think me and you could be like pen pals!!!!!
anyways will be looking for a comment

Anonymous said...

Sailor,

I am soo proud of you for your role in the Nutcracker! I knew once you got your big chance they would love you! Do you remember last year when they forgot about you or passed you by how sad you were? I thought they were crazy and I knew you would make it and make it big! Way to hang in there and show the world your stuff! Main Street Saint George today...Broadway tomorrow! Dont forget about us when you are famous!

Uncle Mikey

Fantastic Mr. R said...

HI Say Say and West,
I hope you have a great Christmas. Congratulations for the coloring contest West and Sailor.
This year I want a puppy.
Good luck in the Nutcracker.
Signed, Reeve

Brookie Cookie said...

Hay sai! I love yah! Wow fun stuff!!! Congrats to west! and break a leg to you on your performance! (do not take that literally!) I hope you guys have a great Christmas!

and for christmas I went to the mall shopping (check my blog theres a lot about that)
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

LOVe the one and only BROOKIECOOKIE