Sunday, August 24, 2008

Nutcracker News

I know it might seem early to be thinking about the Christmas Ballet, the Nutcracker, but here in my town this weekend was audition time. I was really nervous about auditioning. The night before I almost changed my mind about trying. I felt tears come into my eyes when I was even thinking about it. I wanted to, but I didn't want to either. I was afraid of being with strangers and going to a different studio, and scared that I might get asked to a dance step that I didn't know how to do. On Friday afternoon, we went down to the studio and I got in a very long line to get measured and assigned a number according to my height. I was number 58. There were about 60 girls my size that were trying out, but only 16 parts. Little girls my size can audition to be one of Mother Ginger's little bon bons. If you have ever seen the Nutcracker, then you know that the littlest girls hide underneath the mother's gigantic humongous skirt, like in this picture. I had fun auditioning and I really wasn't that scared. I tried to smile the whole time, but I really didn't think I would get a part since there were so many other little ballerinas there. Well a couple of days later, we checked on the website, and I did get a part! I really did! I felt so overjoyed-except that I was really sick with the stomach flu. Thank goodness that I wasn't sick on the day of the audition. Now, I have to perform six times in December, and I'll have lots of practices before then, too. I feel very lucky that I was chosen and I'll try my very best to be a good little bon bon.

Coming Soon:

A Delicious Homemade Crunchy Peanut Butter-Chocolate Candy Bar

10 comments:

Leslie said...

ha ha ha ha!
that looks so much fun.
they look silly like the cupcake

Fantastic Mr. R said...

Ooooooh Sailor!
How exciting. We try to see the Nutcracker every year; we may just have to head South this year to see it! I'm sure your sweet sweet smile won them over. We're so proud of you already. We can't wait to see you perform. We love you!
Love auntie H

Rindy R said...

Congrats Sailor! We love a saying from Christopher Robins at my home:
You're braver than you believe,
and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Your going to do great in the show!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sailor! We're so happy for you. Hopefully we can come and see you perform in December!

Babs Renouf said...

It is wonderful Sailor, to share your good news. If you don't make a career in ballet, you could go into tent making. You certainly have a creative knack for recreating Target Stores or little houses to the delight of your little cousins, aunts and uncles. See you soon. Grandma Babs

Prudy said...

Congratulations, little Sailor. I know you'll be a delectable yummy little bon bon.

Katie and Mark said...

Sailor! Wow!!! Great job. I told my boys about it, and they want so badly to go see you perform. Keep us all posted as to when your big performance will be!

gigi said...

Congratulations, tiny dancer! Way to go!

SF Stookyman said...

congratulations. i wish i could come see you in the ballet. i've never been to see the nutcracker before.

Leslie said...

Hi Sailor I miss you so much. And I want to see you soon I wish. And I am so sorry that evrebude was makeing fun of you beceuse you like Z.